THIS IS A SMALL BUSINESS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE REPRESENTING A MARKET SURVEY AND IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, PROPOSAL ABSTRACTS, QUOTATIONS OR INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Department of Veterans Affairs is conducting a MARKET RESEARCH SURVEY to obtain information regarding: (1) the availability and capability of qualified small business sources; (2) whether they are Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Veteran-Owned, Small Business, HUB Zone 8(a), Women-Owned, or small disadvantaged business concerns; and (3) their size classification relative to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for the proposed acquisition. Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible. An organization that is not considered a small business under the applicable NAICS code should not submit a response to this notice. Small business concerns should be capable of furnishing all labor, supervision, and parts, to include all equipment necessary to perform all work require under the proposed contract.
The NAICS code is 721110
DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIREMENT:
Statement of Work
Facility Requirements and Accommodations
Purpose: To procure a lodging and meal package in support of the Basic Marriage Enrichment Retreat program for the periods 14 thru 16 March 2014 and 15 thru 17 August 2014.
Mission: To provide a safe and comfortable environment to host a two-day retreat for the Veterans and their spouses from the VISN 7 catchment areas.
Period and Place of Performance: The selected facility for this retreat must be in Rome, Georgia due to budget constraints and couple's requirements. It must be available for two consecutive nights. The retreats are scheduled for Friday, 14 March 2014 at 1:00 p.m. when the instructor team will arrive thru Sunday, 16 March 2014 at 5:00p.m. as well as Friday, 15 August 2014 at 1:00 p.m. thru 17 August 2014 at 5:00p.m. Room check out on Sunday will be in accordance with the facility's posted checkout time but scheduled events will still be in session through 5:00p.m. that afternoon.
Background: Retreats are opened to all Veterans in VISN 7 as a whole. The facility must be in a pleasant and calming atmosphere due to mental health issues that many of our Veterans suffer from such as Posttraumatic Stress Disorder PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) etc. that is a cause for a Veteran to panic, withdraw and even run from the facility. Participants are pre-screened for suitability for the retreat's intensive work and no medical intervention is required on the part of the vendor
Performance Objectives/Results: The vendor in the specified area must offer a facility large enough to accommodate the quantity of couples required for this marriage retreat. Offerors must satisfy the government's requirement for the Marriage Enrichment Retreat for Veterans and spouses suffering with marriage issues largely as a result of mental health issues and stress. It must be a facility that will meet the government requirements for lodging vacancies, counseling facilities and area activities needed to ensure VISN 7 compliance and goals are met during the specified times and dates scheduled as defined in operating constraints below. It must be a one-stop facility equipped to provide a venue for great couple interactions and team building.
1. Operating Constraints: The facility must have:
" A block of 16 king size bedrooms, each with private bath, alarm clock, and other routine amenities, at least one (1) of the rooms must be handicapped accessible for Veteran use if needed
" Complementary free parking for a minimum of 20 vehicles for retreat guests and staff
" Bell service and shuttle service all over campus
" Unlimited access to a 24 hour business center throughout the weekend
" Wireless Internet Service in all lodging rooms
The dates of need are Friday, 14 March 2014 at 1:00 p.m. through Sunday, 16 March 2014 at 5:00 p.m. as well as Friday, 15 August 2014 at 1:00 p.m. thru Sunday, 17 August 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
" Buffet meals (all) must be furnished by the location which would include dinner on Friday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday for 32 participants at each meal/service. Unlimited hot and cold beverages such as various coffees, teas, cocoa and other snacks such as pastries, fresh fruit and freshly popped popcorn is required. The Friday evening icebreaker activities will include a special dessert served fireside at the March retreat and freshly baked scones and seasonal fruits at the August retreat.
" A special reserved area of the dining room is requested for all meals to allow separation of the Veterans from crowds due to mental health and stress related issues. The Government will provide any medical/mental health assistance necessary for the Veteran during the event and the facility will not be responsible for such assistance.
" One conference/meeting room measuring approximately 40 feet by 52 feet (2080 square feet), one counseling room measuring 20 feet by 16 feet (320 square feet) and a second counseling room measuring 16 feet by 16 feet (256 square feet) furnished with comfortable chairs, two conference style tables are required in the largest meeting room for the instructors to sit at, easy access to restrooms, aesthetically pleasing and quiet environment which is obstacle free and having appropriate natural and substantial indoor lighting for evening sessions. The facility should provide privacy where couples may be separated from the rest of the facility guests.
" The large conference/meeting room must have Audio Visual equipment accessibility with proper and multiple electrical outlets within the room. AV equipment will include one- 8 foot projection screen, two wireless microphones, one analog multi-channel mixer, set-up, dismantling of equipment, and service personnel available for any technical problems that might arise during the retreat. A small table for the laptop and PowerPoint projector to be placed, which will be furnished by the government and sufficient power extension cords and a podium for the instructors to use while teaching. Two dry erase boards on stands are also required.
" Activities for the couples to participate in during "couple time" and for recreational team building includes options such as a fitness center, hiking trails, bicycling, tennis courts, hayride in season, spacious fields for team recreation and other diverse outdoor activities.
" Set-up and dismantling of bonfire pits for a special couple's activity on Friday, 14 March 2014 in the courtyard.
" To be eligible for award, the offeror must propose for use a facility that is compliant with the requirements of the Hotel and Motel Fire Safety Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-391) (15 U.S.C. 2201 et. seq.) and is listed on the U.S. Fire Administration Hotel and Motel National Master List found at http://www.usfa.fema.gov/hotel/search.cfm. Offers proposing facilities that are not listed will be rejected as non-responsive. In addition, the offeror's facility must be compliant with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336) (42 U.S.C. 12101 et. seq.).
" Certification that hotel has been checked and the establishment is approved under the Hotel and Motel Fire Safety Act of 1990.
" Certification that the accommodations meet the minimum standards for accessibility as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (Public Law 101-336).
POTENTIAL SOURCES SHALL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN THEIR RESPONSE:
1) Company name, address, phone number, primary contact(s), e-mail address, NAICS code(s), business size (i.e., small/large) and DUNS Number.
2) Provide a Statement of Capability that demonstrates the offeror's past performance in providing this type of service. Please include the following: (a) staff expertise including their availability, experience, and formal and other training; (b) current in-house capability and capacity to perform the work; (c) prior completed projects of similar nature; (d) corporate experience and management capability; and (e) examples of prior completed Government contracts, references, and other related information.
3) Submit Capability Statements by January 9, 2014 to: Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Southeast Network - VISN 7 ATTN: Pamela H. Lewallen, Augusta, GA 30901. Responses should be received no later than 11:00 AM EDT. Submissions must be made via email to: email@example.com.
NO CAPABILITY STATEMENTS MAY BE SUBMITTED AFTER
January 9, 2014.
AT THIS TIME NO SOLICITATION EXISTS. (DO NOT REQUEST A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION). A FUTURE NOTICE WILL BE POSTED WHEN THE SOLICITATION WILL BE RELEASED.
4) Disclaimer and Important Notes: This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, a pre-solicitation synopsis and solicitation may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
(5) No Proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s.)