This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial service prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued.
(ii) This solicitation, R11PS81514a is issued as a request for quotation (RFQ).
(iii) This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-53.
(iv) This solicitation is Full and Open Competition. (v) This combined synopsis/solicitation is for commercial items:
1. Furnish and deliver flowmeter system equipment ultrasonic flowmeter utilizing 8 chordal paths in crossing planes, system capable of 0.5% uncertainty, system contains the following:
a. Flowmeter system equipment:Flowmeter console, National Electrical Manufactures Association (NEMA) 4 enclosure.
16 transducers and mounting plates for internal mounting inside the conduit.
Waterproof cabling from each transducer to the flowmeter console, 350 feet per cable.
2 eight wire pipe penetrators with protective shrouds.
b. 4 operation and maintenance manuals.
2. Factory trained installation supervision
a. For field technical services for installation supervision, commissioning, and training:
5 staff-days for transducer installation supervision.
2 staff-days for flowmeter commissioning and training.
4 staff days of travel.
b. 4 hard copies of as-built parameters.
Note: 1) Government forces to provide labor for installation of the flowmetering system.
2) Government forces to provide ventilation equipment, stud welding machine, and scaffolding (if necessary) for installation of the flowmetering system.
3) Government will furnish conduit (PVC and metallic), fasteners, power and control wiring (except the transducers coax and connectors) for installation of the flowmetering system.
4) Assume that installation to occur in January-February, 2012.
(vi) Description of requirements for the services to be acquired: Provide an 8-path ultrasonic flowmetering system including installation oversight and direction to measure water flow in the Carter Lake pressure conduit. The 9 inch thick concrete conduit is 96 inches in diameter and carries water to/from the pump/turbine located in the Flatiron Power Plant to Carter Lake on a slope of 0.0218. The maximum velocity will be less than 15 feet/second and the head is approximately 165 feet of water. The 16 flowmeter transducers shall be the internally mounted style with separate transducer mounting base plates. System may be used for turbine acceptance testing in accordance with ASME PTC-18.
(vii) FOB Destination for delivery by Friday, January 06, 2012 to: Bureau of Reclamation, Eastern Colorado Area Office (ECAO), 11056 W. County Road 18 E., Loveland, CO, 80537-9711.
(viii) The provision at FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, applies to this acquisition.
(ix) The provision at FAR 52.212-2, Evaluation -- Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition. The Government will award a fixed price purchase order to the lowest price offeror conforming to the terms and requirements of the solicitation. (x) The offeror must have completed the Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA) which is the provision at FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items. The web site address is https://orca.bpn.gov/.
(xi) The provision at FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
(xii) The provision at FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders -- Commercial Items applies to this acquisition, b (4), b (6), b (7), b (9), b (21), b (24), b (25), b (26), b (27), b (29), b (36), b (38), b (40), and b (45).
(xiii) The clause at Department of Interior 1452.233-2 Service of Protest (APR 1984), applies to this acquisitionA copy of the protest served on the Contracting Officer shall be simultaneously furnished by the protester to the Department of the Interior Assistant Solicitor for Procurement and Patents, 1849 C Street, NW, Room 6511, Washington, D.C. 20240.
(xiv) Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) ratings do not apply to this acquisition.
(xv) INSTRUCTIONS all components must be delivered to the Bureau of Reclamation, Eastern Colorado Area Office (ECAO), 11056 W. County Road 18 E., Loveland, CO, 80537-9711.
1) Request a copy of the Statement of Work by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone requests will not be accepted. 2) Proposals are required to be received no later than Close of Business, MST, Friday September 23, 2011, and must include the following: Company name, address phone numbers, DUNS number, Tax ID number, proposals shall be delivered via email to email@example.com.
3) Please direct any questions regarding this solicitation to Al Phillips at 303-445-2449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Place of Performance
Bureau of ReclamationEastern Colorado Area Office11056 W. County Road 18 E.Loveland, CO 805379711 USA