Federal contract opportunity DOL111RI20422 for apprenticeship training at Employment Training Administration Division of Job Corps Procurement Oversight - Technical &Training Branch, response was due Sep 30, 2011.
The U.S. Department of Labor is searching for a training contractor who has the qualifications and experience to operate a Tile Setting training program at the Denison Job Corps Center located in Denison, Iowa.
The chosen training provider will be expected to deliver the following contracted services:
1. Operate the Tile Setting training program at the Denison center, in accordance with policy and requirements stipulated by the National Office of Job Corps, U.S. Department of Labor. The training program will cover the following key technical-training areas:
• Safety • Measurement • Tools and Equipment • Surface Preparation • Tile Familiarization • Tile Setting • Tile Grouting • Cleaning and Care of Tile • Trade Familiarization • Sustainable Impacts and Familiarization
2. Conduct Career-Technical Training (CTT) at the Denison center using Training Achievement Record (TAR) and supporting curricular materials developed by the chosen training provider and approved by the National Office of Job Corps.
3. Place graduates into registered apprenticeship programs or entry-level jobs with career-advancement potential in the construction industry.
4. Provide active and graduating students with career-transition services that lead to quality job placements. The career-transition services include, but are not limited to, assisting students with job interviews, housing, child care, and transportation to work sites.
Entities interested in this contract must have the following minimum qualifications:
1. Know, support, and implement the policies, requirements, structure, and operating procedures of the Job Corps program.
2. Have proven affiliation or strong connections with a national union or industry organizations that have nationwide networks of major employers and businesses in the tile field and the broader construction industry. Such nationwide networks will promote Work-Based Learning and job-placement opportunities for active and graduating students.
3. Have proven ability to develop and update TAR and supporting materials in the aforementioned technical areas and beyond. The TAR and supporting materials must be aligned with the latest apprenticeship-training or industry-skills standards in the various technical areas. The alignment must be verified in writing by accreditation agencies or by major employers. The TARs and supporting materials must also incorporate the latest and relevant green-technology knowledge and practices endorsed by national environmental-standards organizations or by major employers in the construction industry.
4. Have proven ability to hire and retain experienced instructors who are journeyman-level professionals in the fields they will teach and who possess career technical teaching credentials, as applicable.
5. Have proven capacity to provide additional career-transition services to graduates and graduating students and to coordinate with the placement efforts by Job Corps career-transition personnel. The career-transition services may include assistance with job interviews, temporary housing, child care, buying a car, and transportation to work sites.
Responses will be evaluated using all of the following criteria:
1. The interested entity's past history of providing career-technical training programs to economically disadvantaged youth.
2. Level of familiarity with the Job Corps program.
3. Affiliation with registered-apprenticeship programs or employers in the tile specialty and broader construction industry at the national, regional, and local levels.
4. Ability to deliver existing training curricula and develop new or upgrade training curricula that align with the latest apprenticeship training or industry-skills standards, including incorporation of green technologies.
5. Quality of existing instructional staff.
No cost proposal is required for the response to this synopsis.
Place of Performance
10 Opportunity Drive P O Box 610 Dension, , Iowa 51442 United States