We help you find federal opportunities, scout the competition, and manage your pursuit process.
Plans start at $24 a month.Try For Free
Emailing spreadsheet "trackers" around the office is a pain. We're here to help.
Plans start at $24 a month.Try For Free
Federal contract opportunity W91238-10-S-0190 for environmental consulting services at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers USACE District, Sacramento, response was due Jul 26, 2010.
1. This is A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE for a Market Research ONLY to determine the availability of firms to perform environmental services and support at the former Fort Ord. NO AWARD will be made from this Sources Sought. NO SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS, OR DRAWINGS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME; therefore, do NOT request a copy of a solicitation. Potential offerors having the skills and capabilities necessary to perform the described project are invited to provide feedback via email to email@example.com. All responses will be used to determine the appropriate acquisition strategy for a potential future acquisition. We encourage all firms to respond, including but not limited to, HUB Zone, 8a, SDVOSB, Small Business and Large Business.
The NAICS Code is 541620. The small business size is 7 million. The duration of the project is 5 years (Base plus 4 option years).
2. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The work and services shall consist of environmental services to support the Army in environmental monitoring, restoration, compliance, and remediation at a Superfund site. Work may include: habitat monitoring, habitat restoration, planning, development and implementation of technical plans, and agency consultation support. Typical activities encompass habitat restoration following environmental remediation, habitat monitoring, fish and wildlife habitat protection and enhancement, sensitive species and habitat assessment, and a various other complex coastal environmental resources studies and engineering activities. The contractor will have the ability to work within munitions impacted areas before and after remedial actions have been completed. The contractor shall provide explosive safety escorts/staff when work is being conducted.
a. Qualified personnel are required with recent knowledge and experience in:
(1) Vegetation monitoring and habitat restoration;
(2) Analysis of vegetation monitoring data;
(3) California tiger salamander surveys and handling;
(4) consultation/coordination with other agencies;
(5) Statistical analysis to support project success;
b. Specialized Experience and Technical Competence in:
(1) Preparation of habitat and wetland restoration plans;
(2) Environmental studies;
(3) Coastal monitoring and field data collection;
(4) Marine or invertebrate biology;
(5) Data collection using terrestrial and aquatic line transects;
(6) Development of critical or endangered habitat restoration plans;
(7) GIS mapping using ESRI products;
(8) Seed collection, preservation and propagation;
(9) Experience with NEPA/CEQA analysis, habitat evaluation measures, and design of mitigation measures;
(10) Central Coast Martine Chaparral habitat restoration (65lelani acres); (11) Preparation of reconnaissance and feasibility study reports.
(12) Knowledge of the locality such as sensitive species and habitats, geological features, climatic conditions, and federal and local oversight agencies. Specific permits include: USFWS California tiger salamander handlers and vernal pool fairy shrimp authorizations/permits.
3. CAPABILITY STATEMENT (The submission is limited to 10 pages).
1) Offeror's name, address, point of contact, phone number, DUNS number, and e-mail address.
2) Offeror's interest in submitting a proposal on the solicitation when it is issued.
3) Offeror's capability to perform a contract of this magnitude and complexity and comparable work performed within the past 5 years - brief description of the project, customer name, timeliness of performance, customer satisfaction, and dollar value of the project) - provide at least 3 examples.
4) Offeror's office locations and staffing.
4. BUSINESS SIZE
(a) If an 8(a) or small business were to receive an award as prime contractor as a result of any future small business set-aside service solicitation, the small business prime will be required to comply with FAR 52.219-14 which states that "at least 50 percent of the cost of contract performance incurred for personnel shall be expended for employees of the concern". If your firm is an 8(a) or a small business, provide evidence that on past contracts of a similar nature that your firm (as the prime contractor) was able to comply with this requirement.
(b) Identify(Offeror's type of small business and business size ("other than small" business, small business, HUBZone small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business, veteran-owned small business, or 8(a) contractor);
(c) Offeror's Joint Venture information, if applicable - existing and potential.
The Capabilities Statement for this sources sought is not expected to be a Request for Proposal or Invitation for Bid, nor does it restrict the Government to an ultimate acquisition approach, but rather short statements regarding the company's ability to demonstrate existing-or-developed expertise and experience in relation to the areas specified herein. Any commercial brochures or currently existing marketing material may also be submitted with the Capabilities statement. Submission of Capabilities statement is not a pre-requisite to any potential future offerings, but participation will assist the Corps of Engineers in tailoring requirements to be consistent with industry capabilities. This synopsis is for information and planning purposes only and is neither to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. After completing its analysis, the Government will determine how to proceed with the procurement.
All interested contractors should notify this office in writing preferably by email or mail by 10:00AM Pacific Time on 26 July 2010. Submit response and information to: Lelani Banks, CECT-SPK-A, Room 878, US Army Corps of Engineers, Sacramento District, 1325 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.