THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR COMPETITIVE PROPOSALS. This is a notice of intent to award a sole source contract under statutory authority 10 USC 2304(c) (1), set forth in Federal Acquisition Regulation 6.302-1, Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements.
The Reference Number is F1M3B23176AC01. The 628th Contracting Squadron, 101 E. Hill Blvd., Joint Base Charleston, intends to award a sole source contract for AT&T- Owned Telecommunications Maintenance Service for Joint Base Charleston Weapons Station.
The 628th Contracting Squadron intends to make an award to Bellsouth Telecommunications, Inc. dba AT&T, 2180 Lake Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30319-6004. Market research was performed and information gathered in determining this company to be the only source for this requirement.
In accordance with (IAW) FAR Part 5.207(c)(15), the proposed contract action is for services for which the Government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source under the authority of FAR 6.302-1(b)(1)(ii). This notice of intent to award is not a request for competitive proposals; however responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency. A determination by the Government not to compete this requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement.
The justification for the sole source requirements as follows:
In accordance with FAR 6.303-2:
(1) Agency and Activity: 628 Contracting Squadron, Joint Base Charleston, SC
(2) Nature of action being approved: Sole source acquisition.
(3) The purpose of this acquisition is to provide outside plant operations and maintenance (O&M) services for telecommunications voice and data circuits beyond the AT&T established demarcation site to Building Entrance Terminals at end user building on Joint Base Charleston (JB CHS) Weapons Station, Goose Creek, SC.
(4) Justification Rationale: IAW FAR 6.302-1(a) (2) One source is capable of providing the service because AT&T will not permit another company to have any accesses or rights to their cable.
(5) Demonstration of Unique Qualifications: The infrastructure (wiring and equipment) specified under this requirement is owned by AT&T. AT&T is the only vendor authorized to provide outside plant O&M services on AT&T-owned infrastructure located on JB Charleston Weapons Station.
(6) Description of Solicitation Efforts: IAW FAR 5.102(a) (2), this notice will be posted on the Government-wide Point of Entry (FedBizOpps.gov), but retained in the contract file to document the rationale for a sole source award.
(7) The contracting officer has determined that the anticipated cost to the Government will be fair and reasonable based upon previous awards made for same service and comparison to other agencies that offer wireless internet service.
(8) Description of market research: A search of other service providers in the areas revealed that they are not authorized to perform this service Joint Base Charleston.
(9) Other supporting facts: The infrastructure (wiring and equipment) is owned by AT&T. It would not be economical to replace the present infrastructure with another company's infrastructure.
(10) Interested Sources: Several companies were found who provide this service, however none are able to install their infrastructure.
(11) Actions to prevent barriers that may lead to restricted consideration in the future: None at this time.
(12) This justification is accurate and complete to the best of the contracting officer's knowledge and belief.
Address questions to Lisa (Boyd) Mitchell, Contract Specialist, at (843) 963-4492, fax (843) 963-5183, email firstname.lastname@example.org and Tamara Kostos, Contracting Officer, Phone (843) 963-5158, email email@example.com.
For more opportunities, visit http://www.airforcesmallbiz.org (see Contract Opportunities at the right side-bar. Direct link: http://airforcesmallbiz.org/opportunities/index.php Also see http://www.sba.gov