To: Prospective Offerors Subject: Sources Sought # LDQ002227 - Air Shower System The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is seeking sources, to include but not limited to small businesses, capable of providing the following Air Shower system which will be used to support multi-dimensional analyses and characterization of volatile organic compounds. It is described as a "phone booth" like pod that should be capable of "showering" a human or item of interest with air.
Required Specifications: • "Phone Booth" like design- a single door with safety glass that closes. o This air shower pod must be able to comfortably fit an average 5'10" male weighing 200 lbs. o The approximate distance from the individual/item from the wall should be at a minimum of 6 inches. o Pod must be able to fit through a door that is 38" by 94" • Stainless steel non painted construction or anodized aluminum, non plastic yet light weight construction o All construction materials must emanate a very low volatile compound (VOC) • Require a removable stainless steel or anodized aluminum, non plastic hook to be mounted one (1) foot centered from the ceiling. o Hook must be capable of holding a minimum of 25 lbs
• Stainless steel air nozzle with placement flexibility in both number and placement o Want ability to add nozzles to shower items of interest with air o Air coverage of item is important o Air output flow must be able to be adjusted to 1-2 L/min.
• Stainless steel flow output port to be placed in 3 locations on left panel/side of pod o Flow output port should be to ¼ in o The (3) three ports should be located approximately (1) foot from the top, (1) one foot from the bottom, and (1) one placed in the center. • Must be configured for use with house air supply (~100 psi) • No filters shall be installed • No lighting shall be installed • Must be able to operate on 110V/60V electricity
The Air Shower pod must be installed and capable of fitting within a 38" by 94" door.
The Government contemplates award of a fixed price contract for one (1) Air Shower System.
There is no commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation as a result of this Sources Sought document. This is being issued solely for information and planning purposes and does not constitute a solicitation. In accordance with FAR 15.202(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Respondents are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this request. Responses to this request will not be returned. Respondents will not be notified of the result of the review.
HOW TO RESPOND:
The Government would like to know which firms can provide the requested equipment for this contemplated requirement by identifying themselves and responding to this Sources Sought document. The Government requests the following information:
1. Company name and business size.
2. Address whether your company has a GSA Schedule and if they are capable of providing these items on schedule. If able to provide the services on schedule, what schedule and SIN.
3. The FBI would like to know what is the industry standard acceptable range for Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) parts per billion by volume emanation for a new air shower pod?
a. If there are products capable of multiple ranges available, please provide a general price range for each VOC emanation range.
b. Is 1 -5 ppb subv an attainable range? If not, what is the attainable range?
****Please state the lowest possible VOC emanation and minimum number of chemicals that realistically would be present in a sample air submission with general cost estimates****
4. Any other comments, concerns, and/or questions relating to the contemplated equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERESTED PARTIES SHALL NOT CONTACT TECHNICAL PERSONNEL ABOUT THIS REQUEST.
Please submit your responses to this SS # LDQ002227 via email to Dina Olibah at Dina.Olibah@IC.FBI.GOV . The due date for responses to this SS document is on or before July 17, 2009 by 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.