At GovTribe, we believe everyone should have easy access to government contract spending. Whether you're a small business trying to understand your market or a large business interested in expiring task orders, getting intel should be easy. As such, we're proud to announce our latest feature that is just that - Explore Contracts.
When we started building Explore Contracts, we had a few goals in mind. First, it had to be easy to understand. Second, it had to be fast. Finally, it had to connect the dots between Schedules, IDIQs, BPAs, task orders, BPA Calls, Delivery Orders and all of the other rather esoteric ways government contracting gets done.
Let's take a quick look and see how we did. The following is a screen shot from Explore Contracts. Each bubble is a feature highlighted below the image.
- Full set of filters to narrow down the specific contract, market, or vendor you're interested in. (Shown collapsed)
- Quick market stats like spend over time and average contract value. (Shown collapsed)
- Export to Excel for offline analysis and blazing fast results
- Easy to understand table of contract results, updated every day. Click on the one you like and get more info.
Head on over to Explore Contracts and give it a go for yourself.
Navigating the Hierarchy
One of the things we're most excited about is the ability to navigate up and down the contract hierarchy. What's the contract hierarchy you ask? Well...without getting too wonky, it's the way just about all government contract spending is organized. We wanted to be able to show you not only a specific contract award, but also where it fits in the overall scheme of things.
The screen shot below is from a recently awarded contract. (Check it out here, if you like.) Technically, it's a BPA Call, which essentially translates to a task order awarded under a Blanket Purchase Agreement. To make matters more complicated, the Blanket Purchase Agreement was awarded under the AIMS GSA schedule held by the vendor. Confused yet? No problem, let's walk through the numbered bubbles in the screen shot.
- This is the BPA Call. The contract we're looking at right now. Put another way, it's where the money sits.
- This is the Blanket Purchase Agreement the vendor was awarded sometime in the past.
- This is the vendor's AIMS GSA Schedule contract. Also awarded in the past.
- Finally, this is the overall AIMS GSA Schedule.
The cool thing is that you can click on each of these "levels" and the contracts underneath will automatically roll up. The same is true for GWACs, IDIQs, and other types of indefinite delivery vehicles. This gives some really interesting visibility into (contracts) task orders that are otherwise not publicly competed. Also, it's a great way to see expiring task orders.
We'll be rolling out additional help content in the coming weeks to provide a bit more insight into Explore Contracts. In the meantime, if you have any questions, hit us up on the chat widget in the lower right corner of your screen.